Mustafa Kamal resigned from the post of President of International Cricket Council [ Current Affairs ]
Vetren cricketer Mustafa Kamal resigned as the President of the International Cricket Council (ICC) and he gave the resignation letter to the ICC. Mustafa Kamal is the Bangladeshi cricketer who administrator had succeeded Alan Isaac as the 11th President of the ICC in June 2014 for a period of two years.
- In 2012, Kamal was named as the Vice-President of the ICC for the term 2012-2014 and he has been served with cricket for 30 years and associated cricket in different capacities.
- From 2010 to 2012, Kamal served as the President of Asian Cricket Council and served as the Chairman of the Cricket Committee of Abahani Limited from 1990 to 2010.
- Earlier, Kamal appointed as the Chairman of Audit Committee of ICC and also served as the President of Bangladesh Cricket Board.
- Kamal is also a politician and member of the Jatiya Sangsad (Bangladesh parliament) from the constituency of Comilla-10 in the Chittagong Division.
- Published on: April 3, 2015