N Gopalaswami Committee on Sanskrit Promotion has formed by Union HRD Ministry [ Current Affairs ]
For revitalize interest in the ancient Indian classical language Sanskrit the Union Human Resource Development (HRD) Ministry has constituted a 13 member expert committee exclusively on Sanskrit in its attempt to. Chief election commissioner (CEC) N Gopalaswami will head the expert committee.
- Presently he is serving as Chancellor of Rashtriya Sanskrit Vidyapeeth (RSV) in Tirupati and Andhra Pradesh.
Other members of the Committee are:
- Bibek Debroy (NITI Aayog member),
- Chairman of National Skill Development Corporation Dr Ramadorai,
- V V Bhat,
- Delhi University professor Ramesh Bharadwaj,
- Chamu Krishna Shastri, UGC Chairman Ved Prakash.
About Terms of Reference of Committee:
- Other disciplines such as mathematics, physics, chemistry, medical science and law are suggested to integrate the study of the ancient classical language.
- The different ways are suggested to convey Sanskrit education through modern tools in Sanskrit education in schools and universities.
- For development of the language in the next 10 years the N Gopalaswami expert Committee also has been tasked to chart out an action plan, this is the second committee set up by the Union HRD ministry exclusively dedicated to Indian classical language Sanskrit.
- The first one headed by was Satya Vrat Shastri 13 - member Sanskrit Commission constituted by then UPA - II government for broader promotion of classical languages.
- Published on: November 24, 2015