NARF settings up of Genome Valley is approved by Union Cabinet [ Current Affairs ]
Prime Minister Narendra Modi Presided of the Union Cabinet has approved setting up of National Resource Facility for Bio - medical Research (NARF) AT Genome Valley in Hyderabad, Telangana. The Indian Council for Medical Research (ICMR) set up NARF and the Proposal of NARF was forwarded by the department of health research of Union Ministry of Health and Family Welfare.
- The state Government has given 102.69 acres of land at Genome Valley, Hyderabad for free of cost.
- NARF will be the first institute in over country which will work on quality laboratory animals for basic and applied biometrical research in the country.
- NART will be a world - class model for breeding and housing of animals for testing of various R&D products.
- It will provides facility for create, develop and provide access to a range of laboratory animals and related technological resources for advancement of biometrical research in the country this gone be very useful for medical collages, research and academic institutions universities and bio - pharms companies.
- NART also provide facility of training and in personnel specialization in any areas of biomedical research.
- The project cost will be near by 338.58 crores and it will be functioned in the year 2018 - 2019.
- Published on: November 20, 2015