NJAC would have exchanged right to justice in India [ Current Affairs ]
About NJAC: NJAC stands for National Judicial Appointments Commission. NJAC was a planned organization which is responsible for the appointment and transfer of judges to the higher judiciary in India.
- This Charge was recognized by modifying the Constitution of India through the ninety - ninth constitution alteration vide the Constitution Act, 2014 which was passed by the Lok Sabha on 13th August 2014 and by the Rajya Sabha on 14th August 2014.
About exchanging the right to justice in India:
- N. V. Badrinath, senior advocate and former president of Visakhapatnam District Bar Association agreed with Mukul Rohatgi, the Advocate General of India on the National Judicial Appointments Commission Act.
- He was also the only advocate from united AP to take part in the NJAC workshop at Baroda in 2013 where he presented a paper on judicial brilliance.
About amendment made by Parliament:
- The amendment was made during the UPA Government’s contract in 2014 after which the NJAC 2014 Act came into reality.
- The NJAC Act is based on similar Acts in Britain and the United States of America.
- The rights of every domain are clearly distinct and should not be compressed upon, as per the Constitution.
- Published on: October 20, 2015