Narendra Modi sets beginning pebble in Tirupati for mobile manufacturing facility [ Current Affairs ]
About setting of mobile manufacturing facility: Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi has set the beginning pebble of Shri Venkateswara Mobile and Electronics Manufacturing Hub in Tirupati of Andhra Pradesh.
- It is India’s first devoted mobile manufacturing electronics band which is going to be established in defenses of Union Government’s flagship.
About manufacturing companies and its brands:
- World’s largest contract manufacturer of electronics Foxconn has already started its operations for manufacturing brands such as Xiomi and Gionee.
- Other mobile brands like Micromax, UTL Karbonn and Celkon are also scheduling to start their manufacturing operations under union government.
- First time this type of center by government is opening and which is expected to provide more than 10, 000 jobs within a year.
- It will give at least 5 percent targets in all - India with 15 lakh jobs till 2019.
- Andhra Pradesh government is also working for setting up design and development of Centres to make state internationally mobile handset manufacturing center.
- Union Government has established Fast Track Task Force called FTTF for advertising of mobile handset manufacturing eco - system in India.
- Published on: October 26, 2015