Nepal Prime Minister Sushil Koirala resigns [ Current Affairs ]
Resignation: Nepal Prime Minister Sushil Koirala has resigned from office by submitting his resignation to President Ram Baran Yadav. He has resigned to give way to Parliament to elect new Prime Minister and government as per country’s new Constitution which was adopted on September 20, 2015.
- President Ram Baran Yadav has accepted the resignation and asked Mr. Koirala to conduct daily administrative functions till a new government is formed.
- In the election to elect new Prime Minister, Sushil Koirala has filed his candidacy from his Nepali Congress (NC) party.
About Sushil Koirala:
- Sushil Koirala born on 12 August 1939 was the Prime Minister of Nepal from February 11, 2014 to October 10, 2015.
- Koirala is unmarried and known to live a simple life.
- He has thress sisters and five brothers.
- Koirala entered politics in 1954 inspired by the social - democratic ideals of the Nepali Congress
- Published on: October 12, 2015