New type of human relative discovered in South Africa [ Current Affairs ]
About new type of human relative: The new type of human relative has been classified in the genus Homo to whom modern humans belongs. The new types of human relatives have hardened bones which are the largest remains hominine found on the African island.
- They have also a tiny brain, original pelvis and shoulders.
- They have larger human like body shape of its head and have relatively small modern - looking teeth, original fingers, modern - looking feet and typical long legs.
About Discovery of new type of human relative:
- Scientists have discovered a new ancestral species in the human family called as Homonaleli in South Africa.
- This new discovered species were named after the location where it was found, ‘naleli’ which means star in ‘Sesotho’ which is a local South African language.
- It was prepared inside the Rising Star Cave in the Support of Humankind World Heritage Site in South Africa by team of scientists led by Lee Berger, professor at University of the Witwatersrand.
- Published on: September 11, 2015