On 2016 Republic Day Celebration Francois Hollande will be Chief Guest [ Current Affairs ]
Francois Hollande President of French will be the Chief Guest at the 67th Republic Day parade of January 26, 2016. During the conversation between French Foreign Minister Laurent Fabius and his counterpart Sushma Swaraj and Prime Minister Narendra Modi in Delhi this announcement might have been finalized.
This will be a mega event and also mnemonic when Mr. Hollande visit New Delhi.
- Due to this the democratic countries against terrorism of the Islamic State (IS) will get a strong message of a worldwide solidarity which had staged barbaric attacks on November 13, 2015 in Paris.
- After President Nicolas Sarkozy (2008) Mr. Francois Hollande would be the 5th highest dignitary from France to be Chief Guest of Indian Republic Day parade after Prime Minister Jacques Chirac (1976), President Valery Giscard d’Estaing (1980), and President Jacques Chirac (1998).
- Now France holds distinction of being the guest of honor for the maximum five times with this invitation of Indian Republic Day parade followed by Bhutan (four times); Mauritius and USSR/Russia (three times each).
About Francois Hollande
- Francois Hollande was born on 12th August 1954
- He is the France palpitation and precedent of France since 2012.
- He was the first Secretary of France socialist Party from 1997 to 2008 and he also serve as Mayor of tulle from 2001 to 2008.
- Francois Hollande has served as President of Correze General Council from 2008 to 2012.
- He also has served twice as Member of Correze in National Assembly for the first time in 1988 to 19993 and for the second time 1997 to 2012.
- Published on: November 24, 2015