One of the top industrialist MAM Ramaswamy passes away [ Current Affairs ]
One of the top industrialist and former Member of Parliament MAM Ramaswamy passed away in Chennai, Tamil Nadu at the age of 84 years. He was previous chairman of the Rs. 10, 000 crore Chettinad Group of companies and the last King of Chettinad and co-founder.
About MAM Ramaswamy
- Born: 30 September 1931.
- Died: 2 December 2015.
- He was son of respected family in the Nattukottai Chattier community which is also known as The Rajah Family.
- He belongs to political party Janata Dal and was Member of Parliament of India representing Karnataka in the Rajya Sabha.
- He was more likely known as MAMR in political, business and sports circles.
- He was recognized as director of one of the most famous South India’s business companies as co-founder and chairman Chettinad.
- He was big fan of an avid horse race and had won about 600-odd horse racing events.
- By wining He 100 horse racing Classics he was becomes the first person to enter the Guinness Book of World Records.
Awards and Honours:
- He was awarded by Padma Shree.
- Published on: December 3, 2015