PM Narendra Modi gives nod to Bangladesh, Bhutan, India and Nepal (BBIN) Motor Vehicle Agreement [ Current Affairs ]
PM Narendra Modi has approved the signing of Bangladesh, Bhutan, India and Nepal (BBIN) Motor Vehicle Agreement and this agreement will be signed on 15th June 2015 at the Transport Minister’s meeting in Thimpu, Bhutan. BBIN is similar to the SAARC Motor Vehicle Agreement (MVA) seeks to regulate the vehicular traffic of passenger, personal and cargo amongst BBIN countries.
- According to the BBIN agreement which promote to safe, environmentally sound, seeks to help each member country to create an institutional mechanism for regional integration and economical efficient road transport in the sub-region of BBIN.
- BBIN Motor Vehicle Agreement was pursued among four SAARC members who were finalized in February 2015 in the meeting of Secretaries of Transport of the BBIN countries which was organized by the Ministry of Road Transport and Highway (MoRTH).
- BBIN agreement will benefit member nations for mutual cross border movement of passenger and goods for overall economic development of the region.
- During the 18th SAARC Summit held in Kathmandu, Nepal SAARC MVA was not able to signed due to reservations of Pakistan.
- Published on: June 17, 2015