PM Narendra Modi ranks 9th as World’s Most Powerful Person in 2015 Forbes magazine [ Current Affairs ]
Narendra Damodardas Modi was born on 17th September 1950. He is the 15th and current Prime Minister of India since 26th May 2014. He is a leader of the Bharatiya Janata Party and served as the Chief Minister of Gujarat from 2001 to 2014. He is the Member of Parliament (MP) from Varanasi.
- He led the BJP in the 2014 general election which gave the party a majority in the Lok Sabha.
- He becomes the second most followed politician on social media after President of U. S. Barack Obama.
- In 2014, he was ranked the 15th most powerful person in the world by Forbes.
- In 2015, Modi was one of Time ’s “30 most influential people on the internet” as the second most followed politician on Twitter and Facebook.
- In 2015, Modi was ranked fifth on Fortune magazine’s second annual list of ‘World’s Greatest Leaders’.
About getting ranked 9th in 2015 Forbes:
- Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi ranks as World’s 9th Most Powerful Person from 73 persons list in the Forbes annual ranking of 2015.
- The list gives the annual ranking of the World’s 72 Most Powerful People on the basis of their financial resources, scope and use of power and the number of people they impact.
About other rankings of Forbes:
- Russian President Vladimir Putin has been named the world’s most powerful person in the list.
- German Chancellor Angela Merkel was ranked 2nd overtaking US President Barack Obama.
- She continues her reign as the most powerful woman on the planet for consecutive 10 years.
- Reliance Industries Chairman Mukesh Ambani was placed at 36th position.
- Published on: November 6, 2015