PV Sindhu the badminton player of India beats Li Xuerui of China [ Current Affairs ]
About PV Sindhu: Pusarla Venkata Sindhu was born on 5th July 1995 to professional volleyball players parents P. V. Ramana and P. Vijaya. She is an Indian badminton player. She trains at Gopichand Badminton Academy in Hyderabad She is supported by Olympic Gold Quest which is a not - for - profit foundation that identifies and supports Indian athletes.
About her achievements:
- Sindhu became the first ever Indian woman to win a medal in singles at the World Championships on 10 th August 2013.
- India’s first singles medal winner Prakash Padukone won bronze in 1983.
- She received India’s fourth highest national honor Padma Shri award on 30 th March 2015.
About Li Xuerui:
- Li Xuerui was born on 24th January 1991 in Chongqing of China.
- She is a female badminton player of China.
- She is the World’s 4th number women’s singles player and the leading Olympic Champion.
- She was the runner up in the 2013 World Championships Competition.
About beating to Li at world badminton championship:
- PV Sindhu beat China’s champion Li Xuerui at the badminton World Championships by 21 - 17 14 - 21 21 - 17 in an exciting women’s singles third round encounter at Jakarta.
- Published on: August 17, 2015