Padmasree Warrior India-born Chief Technology Officer of Cisco resigns [ Current Affairs ]
India born Padmasree Warrior has resigned from her post of Chief Technology Officer (CTO) at global IT giant Cisco. Padmasree Warrior had resigned after a significant restructuring of top management of Cisco under incoming CEO Chuck Robbins.
- Since 2008, she had joined Cisco and had served as CTO and senior vice-president of engineering during her seven years at the company. At present, she will have advisory post in Cisco till September 2015.
- Padmasree Warrior is a member of the Board of Trustees for Cornell University and serves on the Board of Directors of Gap Inc. She also is on the Board of Directors for Thorn, formerly known as DNA Foundation.
- Padmasree Warrior is an alumnus of the IIT-Delhi and Cornell University. She is one of Silicon Valley’s high-profile female executives and has been homered with numerous leadership awards.
- In recently released Forbes Magazine’s 12th annual list of World’s 100, Padmasree Warrior is the most powerful women and she placed at 84th position.
- Published on: June 17, 2015