Pakistan conducts successful test launch of Shaheen-III missile [ Current Affairs ]
Pakistan conducted a successful test launch of the Shaheen-III Surface to Surface Ballistic Missile which range of Ballistic Missile is 2,750 km and launched by senior officers from the Strategic Plans Division, strategic forces, scientists and engineers of strategic organizations.
- According to US-based report, Pakistan has the world’s fastest growing nuclear program capable of weaponizing up to 200 nuclear devices by the year 2020.
- Shaheen-III Surface to Surface Ballistic Missile test launch was aimed at validating various design and technical parameters of the weapon system at a maximum range.
- In 2014, Shaheen-I and Shaheen-II missiles were test-fired up to a range of 1500 km.
- A United Nations General Assembly (UNGA) resolution on working towards a nuclear-weapon-free-world on Dec 3, 2014 called on Pakistan, India and Israel to voluntarily drop their nuclear weapons.
- Published on: March 12, 2015