Pankaj Advani has won IBSF World Billiards Championship of 2015 [ Current Affairs ]
About Pankaj Advani: Pankaj Arjan Advani was born on 24th July 1985 in Pune, Maharashtra, India. He is a player of English billiards by profession and he is also former professional snooker player. He became a snooker professional in 2012.
- He won the IBSF World 6 - Red Snooker Championship in 2014.
- He is the only player who win professional world titles in both the long and short formats of snooker (15 - red standard, and 6 - red)
- He also wins in both formats of English billiards (time and point).
- He is also India’s first world champion in 6 - red snooker.
- He won his first ever title at the age of 12.
- He won his first Indian Junior Billiards Championship title in the year 2000.
- He won the India Junior Snooker Championship in 2003 by which he became the youngest National Snooker champion.
About his achievements:
- He received Arjuna Award in 2004 by government of India.
- He also honoured with Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna award in 2006.
- He also achieved Padma Shri award in 2009.
- About his winning at IBSF World Billiards Championship:
- Pankaj Advani has won 2015 IBSF World Billiards Championship in Point Format in Adelaide, Australia.
- It was his overall 14th World title.
- He won by defeating Peter Gilchrist of Singapore by 1168 points.
- Published on: September 29, 2015