Parupalli Kashyap, Prannoy Kumar win World Badminton Championships [ Current Affairs ]
About Parupalli Kashyap: Parupalli Kashyap was born on 8th September 1986. He is a badminton player from India. He trains at Gopichand Badminton Academy which is in Hyderabad, India.
- He is also supported by Olympic Gold Quest which is a not - for - profit foundation supporting Indian athletes.
- He created history by reaching the Quarterfinals of men’s singles at 2012 London Olympics.
- He received the Arjuna Award by Government of India in 2012.
- He won the gold medal in men’s singles in Glasgow Commonwealth Games in 2014.
About Prannoy Kumar:
- Prannoy Kumar was born on 17th July, 1992.
- He is an Indian badminton player.
- Currently he trains at the Gopichand Badminton Academy in Hyderabad.
- He is from Kerala and the get the second number in badminton in India.
- He is supported by the Go Sports Foundation of Bangalore and he has been also part of their scholarship programme since 2011.
- He won the silver medal in Boys’ singles at 2010 Summer Youth Olympics.
- About winning of World Badminton Championship:
- Top Indian badminton players Parupalli Kashyap and Prannoy Kumar win World Badminton Championship.
- Published on: August 11, 2015