President Pranab Mukherjee inaugurates Namaste Russia festival in Moscow [ Current Affairs ]
Indian President Pranab Mukherjee inaugurated Namaste Russia which based on Indian culture in Moscow during the last leg of his tour in Russia. Namaste Russia will be started from May and ended from November 2015 i.e. six month long festival. The purpose of festival, it seeks to enthrall the Russian audience with cultural events from India.
- Namaste Russia festival is being hosted under the patronage of Indian Council for Cultural Relations (ICCR) and Ministry of Culture of the Russian Federation.
- Russian State Concert Company SODRUZHESTVO and Jawaharlal Nehru Cultural Centre at the Embassy of India in Moscow are the organizers of the festival.
- India also hosted an exhibition of Indian painting and sculpture will be also organized and Kathak dance performance was given by a team of dancers choreographed by Padma Bhushan Kumudini Lakhia in the Namaste Russia festival from India.
- The festival will be toured in various regions in Russia that will help people living in different regions of Russia to deepen their engagement with contemporary and classical Indian Culture.
- Namaste Russia festival seeks to enhance and boost cultural bonds that build solid bridges of friendship and understanding between peoples of both countries.
- Published on: May 14, 2015