RVNL Sings MoU with Dighi Port Limited for Rail Connectivity [ Current Affairs ]
Rail Vikas Nigam Limited (RVNL) and private sector Dighi Port Limited signed memorandum of understanding (MoU) and the project cost is estimated around Rs. 723 crore. According to the MoU, both countries will facilitate construction of 34 km of railway link between Roha and Dighi Port in Raigad district of Maharashtra.
- Memorandum of understanding (MoU) was signed in the presence of Union Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu and Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis in Mumbai.
- Dighi Port is the first non- major private sector seaport in Maharashtra which located on the banks of Rajapuri Creek in Raigad district over 150 km from Mumbai.
- Balaji Infra Projects Ltd (BIPL) will develop the project under a 50 year Build, Own, Operate, Share, Transfer (BOOST) concession agreement.
- The memorandum of understanding (MoU) was signed by BIPL with the Maharashtra Maritime Board (MMB), Government of Maharashtra in order to develop, operate, finance and maintain the Port.
- Published on: April 21, 2015