Rajasthan has submitted India’s First smart city plan [ Current Affairs ]
By submitting smart city plan to Union Ministry of Urban Development Rajasthan has become the first state in the country, Rajasthan has selected 3 cities for smart city project which are Udaipur, Kota and Ajmer.
According to this project state government has submitted investment outlays for developing these 3 cities as smart cities which is
- 1, 493 crore rupees for Kota
- 1, 300 crore rupees for Ajmer
- 1, 221 crore rupees for Udaipur
State Government of Rajasthan has also wants to submit Smart city proposal for Jaipur City with an investment proposed 2, 403 crore rupees up to to December 15, 2015 deadline.
Total 6, 457 crore rupees investment has been proposed by Rajasthan for next 5 years for Smart city Project.
About Smart Cities Project
- Under this Smart city Project Union Government is aim to build 100 smart cities across the country in different states.
- The main objective behind this Project is efficiently utilized available resources, assets and infrastructure for enhancement of quality of urban life and provides a clean and sustainable environment.
- Every state government has been authorized to shortlist a number of candidate cities for smart cities from the state and regarding that state government have to submit appropriate applications and plans to Union Government.
- After that shortlisted cities would be selected by Union Government on the basis of ‘competition’ to establish their ability of cities to achieve mission objectives.
- And Union Government will give 100 crore to each selected city per year for five years in order to implementation of the scheme.
- It will also considered special importance on participation of citizens in planning and ranking urban interventions.
- Published on: December 16, 2015