Ranil Wickremesinghe takes oath as PM of Sri Lanka [ Current Affairs ]
About Ranil Wickremesinghe: Ranil Shriyan Wickremesinghe was born on 24th March 1949. He is a Sri Lankan politician who has served as the Prime Minister of Sri Lanka since 9th January 2015, as Leader of the United National Party since 1994 and the Member of Parliament for Colombo District since 1977.
- He is also the leader of the United National Front having been appointed as head of the alliance in October 2009.
- Earlier, Wickremesinghe also worked as Prime Minister from 7th May 1993 to 19th August 1994 and also from 9th December 2001 to 6th April 2004.
- Wickremesinghe was appointed as Prime Minister by President Maithripala Sirisena on 8th January 2015.
- Wickremesinghe was educated at Royal College, Colombo.
About his oath as PM of Sri Lanka:
- Ranil Wickremesinghe takes oath as the Prime Minister of Sri Lanka for fourth time.
- He was managed the oath of office by President Maithripala Sirisena at the oath taking ceremony held at Presidential Secretariat in Colombo.
- Published on: August 25, 2015