Russia & Pakistan to hold first-ever joint military exercises [ Current Affairs ]
Russia and Pakistan have agreement to hold first-ever joint military exercises as part of their enhanced defence cooperation. Russia and Pakistan was reached to agree during a meeting between Russian Defence Minister Sergei Shoigu and his Pakistani counterpart Khawaja Asif in Moscow.
According to agreement, both nations will strive for
- Enhancing cooperation in defence industry and military training.
- Promoting joint participation in military exercises.
- Increasing military cooperation in training and import of arms and equipment.
- Resolving conflicts through diplomatic means rather than using of force.
Russia and Pakistan also have reached a consensus that a multi-polar world would ensure peace and balance in international relations.
Russia and Pakistan had signed a military cooperation agreement to deepen their defence ties. They also had vowed to translate their relationship in tangible terms in 2014.
In November 2014, the military agreement was signed during the first-ever visit of a Russian defence minister in 45 years to Pakistan.
- Published on: April 20, 2015