Russia won European Team Athletics Championships 2015 [ Current Affairs ]
Russia won the European Team Athletics Championships by winning 10 of the 40 events on the program which held in Cheboksary, Russia. Since 2009, Russia won the title since the inception of games. This is the fourth time won European Team Athletics Championships.
Russia won the 368.5 points, 22 points ahead of Germany which secured second place. France had their best finish at the championships, coming third by winning 319.5 points while Sweden, Finland and Norway finished at the bottom of the table and these countries will now drop to the second tier of the championships for 2016.
The top four teams of 2015 league competition including Czech Republic, Greece, Netherlands and Belgium will be promoted to the super league.
List of winners of the European Team Athletics Championships 2015:
- Renaud Lavillenie from France- Olympic pole vault champion won with a leap of 5.85 meters
- Christophe Lemaitre from France- Won 100 meters in 10.26 seconds
- Darya Klishina from Russia- Two-time European indoor long jump champion jumped 6.95 meters to win
- Kuchina of Russia- Won High jump event by clearing 1.99 meters
- Sergey Shubenkov of Russia- World bronze medallist won 110m hurdles
- Anna Shchagina of Russia- Won the 1500m event
- Published on: June 25, 2015