Samiran Chakraborty chosen as Chief Economist of Citibank India [ Current Affairs ]
Samiran Chakraborty is appointed as Chief Economist of global banking major Citibank for India. Before this he was Managing Director (MD) and head at Standard Chartered Bank for macro research in South Asia.
- He has a rich knowledge in conducting macro research.
- He has covered various asset classes including currency, credit markets and interest rates.
- He has also worked with India’s largest private sector bank, ICICI as chief economist.
- He was a faculty for mathematical economics and open - economy macro - economics at Delhi School of Economics.
About Citibank India:
- It is an Indian private sector bank and subsidiary of US based Citigroup.
- It is a multinational financial services corporation which was Established in 1902 in Kolkata.
- Currently, its headquarters are in Mumbai, Maharashtra.
- It operates in 44 full - service branches in 31 cities and has network of over 700 ATMs across the country.
- It services around 7, 500 people.
- Published on: October 29, 2015