Sania Mirza and Martina Hingis duo wins Singapore BNP Paribas WTA Finals [ Current Affairs ]
Sania Mirza (India) and Martina Hingis (Switerzerland) has won the 2015 BNP Paribas WTA Finals Women’s double category. In the final match played in Singapore, the Indo - Swiss duo overcome Spanish pair of Garbine Muguruza and Carla Suarez Navarro by 6 - 0, 6 - 3 score.
It is the ninth World Tennis Association (WTA) doubles titles won by the Indo - Swiss pair together in 2015.
Achievements of the Indo - swiss duo:
- They have won the Indian Wells Open
- Miami Open
- Charleston Open
- US Open
- Guangzhou Open
- Wuhan Open
- China Open
About Sania Mirza:
- Sania Imran was born on 15 November 1986.
- She is an Indian professional tennis player, presently ranked world No. 1 in women’s doubles.
- Arjuna Award (2004)
- WTA New Comer of the Year (2005)
- Padma Shri (2006)
- Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna (2015)
About Martina Hingis:
- She was born on 30 September 1980 in switzerland.
- 12 - year - old Hingis became the youngest player to win a Grand Slam junior title in 1993.
- She has won five major titles in 2015, 3rd doubles year - end Championship, and Return to No. 1 in doubles.
- Published on: November 3, 2015