Shamim Hanfi, the Urdu scholar has got Jnangarima Manad Alankaran award [ Current Affairs ]
About Shamim Hanfi: Shamim Hanfi was born on 17th May 1939 in Sultanpur. He had served as a faculty in Aligarh Muslim University. He is also an artist and he is patent in his passion of performance in arts, painting, pottery etc.
- Currently, he is Professor Emeritus at Jamia Millia Islamia in New Delhi.
- He is known for his books on criticism like Ghazal Ka Naya Manzarnama, Jadidiyat ki Falsafiyani Asas and Infiradi Shaoor aur Ijtemai Zindagi.
- Earlier he had served as a faculty in Aligarh Muslim University.
About his achievements:
- He received a Saraswati statue, a silver citation and a shawl.
- He will also receive a salary of Rs. 11, 000 per month for the next one year from Bharatiya Jnanpith.
About selection for Jnangarima Manad Alankaran award:
- Shamim Hanfi has selected for the Jnangarima Manad Alankaran award of Bharatiya Jnanpith.
About Jnangarima Manad Alankaran award
- Jnangarima Manad Alankaran award was started in 2015 by Bharatiya Jnanpith to honor 70 years of the institution.
- It is given to the persons who has contributes in writing in Indian languages.
- This award carries Saraswati statue, a silver citation and a shawl and also stipend of 11, 000 rupees per month from the institution.
- Published on: September 22, 2015