Sheila Watt-Cloutier won Right Livelihood Award of 2015 [ Current Affairs ]
About Sheila Watt - Cloutier: Sheila Watt - Cloutier was born on 2nd December 1953 in Kuujjuaq, Nunavik of Northern Quebec, Canada. She is an Inuit activist of Canada. Inuit are a group of traditionally similar local peoples living in the Arctic regions of Greenland of Canada and Alaska.
- She has been worked as a political demonstrative for Inuit at the regional, national and international levels.
- Recently, she has worked as International Chair for Inuit Circumpolar Council.
About her different posts:
- She was served as Corporate Secretary of Makivik Corporation which is an Inuit land - claim organization of Canada from 1995 to 1998.
- Makivik Corporation was recognized for Northern Quebec under the 1975 James Bay and Northern Quebec Agreement.
- She was electedas President of Inuit Circumpolar Council of Canada in 1995 and she was re - elected in same position in 1998.
About winning of Right Livelihood Award:
- Sheila Watt - Cloutier has won the Right Livelihood Award of 2015.
- She has received this award to give her honour for her contribution to protect the Inuit of the Arctic and protect their right to maintain their livings and culture which were threatened by climate change.
- Published on: October 6, 2015