Skoch Awards given to EPFO for excellent Governance Initiatives [ Current Affairs ]
About Employee Provident Fund Organization (EPFO): It was initiated on 4th March 1952. It is also known as Karmchaari Bhavishya Nidhi Sanghatan. It is a legal body of the Government of India.
- It runs under the Ministry of Labor and Employment.
- Its main role is to provide Fund, Pension and Insurance schemes.
- It is one of the India’s largest social security organizations.
- Its main decision making head is Central Board of Trustees (CBT).
- Its headquarters are in New Delhi.
About Skoch Awards:
- These awards were initiated in 2003.
- These awards are given to persons who contribute to a change in society and governance by showing leadership abilities.
- These are honored to those individuals whose projects or institutions go extra mile to make India a better nation.
- They are based on the leading positive socio - economic changes in the field of governance, finance, banking, technology, corporate citizenship, economics and complete growth.
About EPFO getting the award:
- Skoch award was given to EPFO for its excellence initiatives on UAN Programme and Transformation of Society Security Agenda.
- It is the 5th award won by EPFO in the last 2 years for its initiatives for the welfare of various sponsors.
- Published on: September 27, 2015