South and North Korea signs an agreement to resolve crisis [ Current Affairs ]
About Crisis in Korea: North Korea attacked to the South Korea in a challenge to join the country under the North’s government. That attempt failed and Korea is still divided in two. Both sides maintained by armies along the border.
- These armies sometimes make missiles fire and the people live with fear over there.
- The war cost more than two million lives and ruined the economy of Korea for twenty years.
About the agreement:
- South and North Korea signs an agreement to defuse a crisis between both Countries.
- Both nations have issued a joint statement which includes many actions.
About the actions they need to take:
- North Korea has conveyed guilt and publicly apologized for the mine blasts which had happened earlier in August 2015.
- This mine had seriously injured two South Korean soldiers on border duty.
- South Korea had resumed loudspeaker advertising broadcasts into North Korea in revenge for the mine blasts.
- In this joint statement South Korea has agreed to stop loudspeaker advertising broadcasts into North Korea.
- Both countries also agreed to work towards carrying of meetings for families separated by the 1950 - 1953 Korean War.
- They also agreed for official talks in either capital city Seoul or Pyongyang at a decided date.
- Published on: August 27, 2015