Suresh Raina to charge MS Dhoni’s role as finisher in India’s ODIs and T20Is [ Current Affairs ]
About Suresh Raina - Indian Cricket Player: He was born on 27th November 1986. He is from Srinagar in Jammu and Kashmir. He is an Indian Cricket Player. He is a left - handed batsman and also an off - spin bowler. He is the 2nd youngest player to captain Indian team.
- He plays for Uttar Pradesh and also is the vice - president of Chennai super kings in Indian Premier League.
- His first debut was on 26th July 2010 against Sri Lanka.
About Mahendra Singh Dhoni (MS Dhoni):
- He was born on 7th July 1981.
- He is from Ranchi in Bihar.
- He is an Indian Cricket Player.
- He is widely regarded as one of the greatest finisher.
- His test debut was on 2nd December in 2005.
- He is a right handed batsman and wicket keeper.
- Currently he is the captain of Indian cricket team.
About his achievements:
- In 2007 he won the Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna award.
- He won ICC ODI Player of the year in the years 2008 and 2009.
- He also won Padma Shri in 2009.
- He was honored the rank of Lieutenant Colonel by the Territorial Army.
- Time magazine included Dhoni as one of the “Most Influential People in the World” in 2011.
- Dhoni was ranked 16th most in demand athlete in the world by Sports authority in 2012.
- Forbes magazine ranked Dhoni at 23rd in the list of highest paid athletes in the world in 2015.
About Raina to charge Dhoni’s role:
- Raina has been an important part of India’s One Day International (ODI) and also contributed as a player in Twenty - 20 Internationals.
- He has the talent of playing the finisher’s role and has the ability to do well in it.
- He has shown the skill to play the long innings in recent times.
- Hence Raina is to take charge of Dhoni’s role as Finisher in ODIs and T20Is.
- Published on: September 27, 2015