Tayyip Erdogan became the President of Turkey [ Current Affairs ]
Reigning Justice and Development Party won general elections and Tayyip Erdogan continued to be the President of Turkey. About Tayyip Erdogan: Recep Tayyip Erdogan was born on 26 February 1954.
- He is the 12th and current President of Turkey, in office since 2014.
- He previously served as the Prime Minister of Turkey from 2003 to 2014.
- He was also the Mayor of stanbul from 1994 to 1998.
- He founded the Justice and Development Party (AKP) in 2001 and led it to three general election victories in 2002, 2007 and 2011.
His Awards and recognitions:
- 27 May 2010: medal of honor from the Brazilian Federation of Industry
- 31 May 2010: World Health Organization 2010 World No Tobacco Award
- 29 June 2010: 2010 World Family Award from the World Family Organization
- 4 November 2010: Golden Medal of Independence, an award conferred upon Kosovo citizens
- 25 November 2010: “Leader of the Year” award presented by the Union of Arab Banks in Lebanon.
- 29 November 2010: guest of honor at the 3rd EU - Africa Summit in Libya
- 11 January 2011: “Outstanding Personality in the Islamic World Award”
- 2 February 2011: Kyrgyzstan’s Danaker Order in Bishkek.
- 25 October 2011: Palestinian International Award for Excellence and Creativity
- 21 January 2012: ‘Gold Statue 2012 Special Award’ by the Polish Business Center Club (BCC).
- Published on: November 3, 2015