Tennis Icon Steffanie Graf appointed as brand ambassador of Kerala’s Ayurveda [ Current Affairs ]
Tennis Icon Steffanie Graf was appointed as Ayurveda brand ambassador by cabinet meeting presided by Chief Minister Oommen Chandy in Thiruvananthapuram. Steffanie Graf will promote Ayurveda tourism of state in North America and Europe with theme Visit Kerala Destination as an Ayurveda brand ambassador.
- Steffanie Maria Graf from Germany is former number 1 ATP women tennis player. Graf holds World number 1 title for the longest period till date.
- Graf had won 22 Grand Slam single titles and also holds record for the most number of major wins by a tennis player after introduction of the Open Era in 1968.
- Steffanie Maria Graf was winning all four Grand Slam singles titles and the Olympic gold medal in the same calendar year. Graf is the first and only tennis player to achieve the Calendar Year Golden Slame.
- In 1999, Graf had retired from professional tennis. She is married to Andre Agassi, former World number 1 in men’s tennis player.
- Graf is the only tennis player (male or female) to win 3 grand slams in a calendar year 5 times (1988, 1989, 1993, 1995 and 1996).
- Published on: June 29, 2015