Tennis star Roger Federer wins Cincinnati Masters title [ Current Affairs ]
About Roger Federer: Roger Federer was born on born 8th August 1981. He is 2nd ranked tennis player by profession from Switzerland. He is ranked as 2nd by the Association of Tennis Professionals. He started to play tennis as profession in 1998.
- He had many records of the Open Era like world’s No. 1 position for 302 weeksincluding 237 consecutive weeks and winning 17 Grand Slam singles titles.
- He was a team member of the 2014 winning Davis Cup team.
- He has record of the Laureus World Sportsman name of the Year from 2005 to 2008.
About winning of Cincinnati Masters Title:
- Roger Federer has won the Cincinnati Masters title for seventh time in men’s singles title category.
- The final match was played at Ohio near Cincinnati, US.
- He won this title by defeating world’s number one Novak Djokovic by 7–6, 7 - 1 and 6–3 score.
- Roger Federer had also won this title in 2005, 2007, 2009, 2010, 2012 and 2014.
About Cincinnati Masters titles:
- The Cincinnati Masters is the oldest tennis tournament of tennis held in Mason of Cincinnati, Ohio of USA.
- The event started on 18th September 1899.
- The U. S. Open tournament is the first largest summer tennis event in the U. S.
- Published on: August 24, 2015