Tenzing Norgay National Adventure Awarded to ITBP Jot Singh [ Current Affairs ]
About Inspector Jot Singh: He was born on 1st January 1965. He is from Malna village of Uttarkashi region from Uttarakhand. He is known as one of the best mountaineer of ITBP (Indo - Tibetan Border Police). He has also undertaken many missions from ITBP and known as special force for mountaineering skills.
About his achievements:
- He has climbed Kanchanjungha which is of 8000 m and Satopanth of 7075m.
- Also an unnamed peak in Garhwal Himalaya virgin of 6292m.
- Climbed Mt. Stok Kangri and also Leh of 20050 ft.
- He mounted Mt Nanda Devi which is 7817m and Mt. Gaya of 22420 ft.
- He also climbed Mt. Devban of 6809m and Mt. Kamet of 7756m and Mt. Pyramid and Mt. Nun.
- He has climbed Mt. Everest from China side of 8848 m on 14th May in 2006 .
About the Award:
- This award is named after an Indian and Nepalese Sherpa mountaineer Tenzing Norway.
- This award is given by Union Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports annually.
About the award given to jot singh:
- He was honored with Tenzing Norgay National Adventure Award.
- This award was given by President Pranab Mukerjee.
- It was given during the national sports awards ceremony held at Rashtrapati Bhavan.
- With this Jot Singh became 11th ITBP official to receive this honor.
- Published on: September 22, 2015