Tianhui-1C mapping satellite launched by China [ Current Affairs ]
China has effectively launched Tianhui - 1C which is a third mapping satellite of the Tianhui - 1 series into its chosen orbit. It was overall Long March rockets series 215th successful launch. The mapping satellite was launched by Long March 2D carrier rocket from the Jiuquan.
- The satellite was developed and produced under China Aerospace Science and Technology Corp (CASTC).
About Long March 2D:
- It is also known as the Chang Zheng 2D, CZ - 2D and LM - 2D and is a Chinese orbital carrier rocket.
- It is a 2 - stage carrier rocket mostly used for launching LEO and SSO satellites.
- The Long March 2D made its maiden flight on 9 August 1992.
- It is most commonly used to launch FSW - 2 and 3 survey satellites.
- Published on: October 29, 2015