UNFCCC and MSSRF will work together for protection of seaside resources in Andhra Pradesh [ Current Affairs ]
About UNFCCC: UNFCCC stands for United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change. It is an international environmental agreement exchanged at the United Nations Conference on Environment and Development (UNCED).
- It is informally known as the Earth Summit held in Rio de Janeiro from 3 to 14th June 1992.
- As per the agreement stabilization of greenhouse gas concentrations in the atmosphere at a level that would prevent dangerous anthropogenic interference with the climate system.
- MSSRF stands for M. S. Swaminathan Research Foundation.
- It is a non - profit Non - Governmental Organization.
- It is based in Chennai, India.
- Its work is to develop and sponsor the strategies for financial growth of poor women in rural areas.
- They use maximum of science and technology for reasonable and supportable social development and environmental constancy.
- Its logo indicates continuity and change.
About the agreement:
- UNFCCC and MSSRF have agreed to work together for the protection and reworking creativity of seaside resources in Andhra Pradesh.
- UNFCCC has approved 3.8 crore rupees through an adaptation fund for the implementation of potential adaptation strategy of MSSRF in Krishna district of Andhra Pradesh.
- UNFCCC will release this adaptation fund through the state owned National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD).
- Published on: August 27, 2015