UNSC vagary India pitches for anti-terror treaty [ Current Affairs ]
About anti - terror treaty: Aim of this Organization is to support the international legal anti - terror organizations like universal anti - terrorism contracts and the United Nations Security Council Resolutions.
- This organization work for awareness raising activities and training sessions for nations and regions.
- This organization also encourages states to support these agreements and implement them by proper corruption of terrorist crimes together with other international organizations.
- It also helps in contributing States draft regulation and observes the control of anti - terrorism actions on human rights.
About UNSC (United Nations Security Council):
- This council’s first session was held on 17th January 1946.
- It is one of the six principal organs of the United Nations.
- It maintains international peace and security by accepting new members to the United Nations and by admiring any changes to its United Nations Charter.
- The Security Council consists of fifteen members.
- Critics of the council describe it as an undemocratic international body.
Its authorities include
- The establishment of peacekeeping operations,
- The establishment of international approvals,
- The authorization of military action through Security Council resolutions.
About India’s pitch towards this treaty:
- India has intensely prepared to settle the changes in Comprehensive Convention in International Terrorism & UN Security Council.
- Early settlement of treaty proposed by India was done in 1996 to prevent terrorism.
- Published on: September 18, 2015