US President Obama nominates IIT alumni Sanjita Pradhan to his advisory commission on AAPIs [ Current Affairs ]
US President Barack Obama has nominated an IIT alumnus Sanjita Pradhan to his advisory commission on Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders (AAPIs). At present, Pradhan is serving as an Executive Officer of the Office of Asian and Pacific Islander Affairs at the Iowa Department of Human Rights who was appointed in 2013.
- Sanjita Pradhan is a Nepali American. Sanjita Pradhan completed post graduation (MBA) from the Indian Institute of Technology.
- From 2007 to 2008. Pradhan has served on the Advisory Board for the Ethnic Minorities of Burma Advocacy and Resource Center and was Marketing Coordinator at Principal Financial Group.
- Sanjita Pradhan also was Employment Coordinator of Lutheran Services of Iowa’s Refugee Cooperative Services from 2009 to 2010.
- From 2010 to 2013, Sanjita Pradhan had served as Resettlement Director at Catholic Charities of Des Moines, Iowa.
- Published on: May 14, 2015