Union Government appoints M J Joseph as Controller General of Accounts [ Current Affairs ]
Union Ministry of Finance Arun Jetli has appointed M J Joseph as the Controller General of Accounts (CGA). M J Joseph will succeed Jawahar Thakur. M J Joseph was recently appointed as OSD (Accounting Reforms) in the office of CGA and he is a 1979 batch Indian Civil Accounts Service (ICAS) officer. Earlier this appointment, M J Joseph was Director General (DG) of the Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS).
- M J Joseph had worked with the International Monitory Fund (IMF) as a Public Financial Management Adviser in Tanzania.
- M J Joseph also had served in various administrative capacities in Joint Secretary and Financial Advisor in the President Secretariat and Director in Defence Ministry and Union Government including Additional Secretary in Union Ministry of Corporate Affairs.
- Controller General of Accounts (CGA) is the principal Accounts Adviser to the Union Government. It is responsible for maintaining and establishing a technically sound management accounting system.
- CGA prepares a critical analysis of revenues, expenditures, borrowings and the deficit for Union Finance Minister in every month and it also prepares annual Union Finance Accounts and Appropriation Accounts (Civil) for presentation to the Parliament.
- Published on: May 18, 2015