Union Government appoints Sriram Kalyanaraman as MD and CEO of NHB [ Current Affairs ]
Union government of India has appointed Sriram Kalyanaraman as the Managing Director (MD) and Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of National Housing Bank (NHB) for a period of five years. Sriram Kalyanaraman became the first person from private sector to be appointed as head of a public sector financial institution.
- At present, Kalyanaraman is director-business development Equifax Credit Information Services. Sriram Kalyanaraman was Director, Business Clients and Asset Products at Deutsche Bank India before joining to the Equifax.
- National Housing Bank (NHB) is apex regulator for housing finance sector and a wholly owned subsidiary of Reserve Bank of India (RBI).
- National Housing Bank (NHB) was established in 1988 under the National Housing Bank Act, 1987. National Housing Bank (NHB) is a principal agency to promote housing finance institutions at local and regional levels.
- National Housing Bank (NHB) also provides financial and other support to institutions related to this sector. Function of National Housing Bank (NHB) is Register, regulate and supervise Housing Finance Company (HFCs) and keep surveillance on them through On-site & Off-site Mechanisms.
- Published on: July 14, 2015