Union Government introduces SAHAJ scheme for new LPG connections [ Current Affairs ]
About the SAHAJ scheme: Under the scheme, people can apply online for new LPG connection and they need not visit to the LPG suppliers for it. SAHAJ facility will enable the customers to post online request for a new connection by filing Know Your Customer (KYC) form by uploading bank account details and photographs.
- After submitting the details, customer will receive the registration number to know the new connection status.
- Later, customer can choose for offline or online mode of payment for the new connection.
- Once payment is done, electronic subscription voucher will be mailed to the new customer.
- Later the supplier will do physical delivery of the Gas cylinder, regulator with tube pipe.
About its launch:
- It was tossed by Union Petroleum and Natural Gas Minister Dharmendra Pradhan at a function held in New Delhi.
- Primarily the scheme has been launched in twelve cities across the country.
- Later this scheme will be extended to other parts of the country.
- Twelve cities include Ahmedabad, Bhubaneswar, Bengaluru, Bhopal, Chennai, Chandigarh, Kolkata, Hyderabad, Lucknow, Patna, Mumbai & Pune.
- Published on: September 15, 2015