Urdu poet Bashar Navaaz passed away July 9, 2015 [ Current Affairs ]
Bashar Navaaz was Urdu poet, critic & orator who passed away in Aurangabad, Maharashtra at the age of 80 years old. Bashar Navaaz was known as an Indo Pak shayar as his gazals are popular in India as well as Pakistan.
- Bashar Navaaz was born on 18 August 1935 at Aurangabad in Maharashtra. His writings were regularly published in various Urdu literary journals magazines in India and abroad.
- The Gazal Karoge yaad to har baat yaad aayegee from film Bazaar is all time hit song. His books Rayagan, Ajanabee samandar were very popular among gazal lovers.
- Bashar Navaaz wrote number of gazals as lyricist in Hindi movies. Famous gazals are Bazaar, Jaane vafaa, Loree, Tere Shahar me etc.
- Bashar Navaaz was received many awards & honored with Galib award of Galib Academy New Delhi, Maharashtra State Urdu Academy award, Iftekhaar E Adab award, Pulotsav Samman for his contribution to Urdu literature.
- Published on: July 14, 2015