Veteran Gandhian Narayan Desai passes away [ Current Affairs ]
Gandhian Narayan Desai passed away age of 90 in Surat, Gujarat on 15 March 2015 and he is son of Mahatma Gandhi’s personal secretary and biographer Mahadev Desai. Gandhian Narayan was born on 24 Dec 1924 at Valsad in Gujarat and was brought up at Gandhiji’s Sabarmati Ashram in Ahmedabad.
- Gandhian Narayan was Chancellor of Gujarat Vidyapith from 2007 to 2014 and he was also associated with Vinoba Bhave’s Bhoodan Movement and Jayprakash Narayan’s Total revolution or JP’s Movement.
- Gandhian Narayan was received many awards. He received UNESCO-Madanjeet Singh Prize in 1998.
- He was also recived Sahitya Akademi Award in 1993 for his book on biography of his father Mahadev Desai in Gujarati.
- He recived Jamnalal Bajaj Award (1999), Ranjitram Suwarna Chandrak (2001), highest award for Gujarati literature,Moortidevi Award (2004) and PHD Research Bureau released a Survey on working women in Delhi
- Published on: March 17, 2015