Veteran actor Shashi Kapoor named for Dadasaheb Phalke Award 2014 [ Current Affairs ]
Veteran actor Shashi Kapoor has been named for the prestigious Dada Saheb Phalke Award 2014 (India’s highest award in cinema). Film producer Shashi Kapoor is the 46th film personality to receive this honour. Dada Saheb Phalke Award has commemorated the birth centenary year of father of Indian cinema Dadasaheb Phalke in 1969.
Shashi Kapoor was born on 18 March 1938 in Kolkata, West Bengal and his childhood name was Balbir Raj Prithviraj Kapoor.
He had started his acting career at the age of 4 year, by acting in the plays directed by his father Prithviraj Kapoor. At present, he has appeared in 160 movies altogether, 12 being in English and the rest in Hindi and His best performance was in Hindi films like ‘Jab Jab Phool Khile’, ‘Deewar’ and ‘Kabhi Kabhie’. Shashi Kapoor has been conferred many awards including for his contribution to cinema
- In 1986, he received National Film Award for Best actor for the film New Delhi Times.
- In 1986, he received National Film Award Special Jury Award / Special Mention (Feature Film) for Muhafiz.
- In 1979, he received National Film Award Best Feature Film in Hindi (as Producer) for Junoon in
- In 2010, he received Filmfare Lifetime Achievement Award
- In 2011, he received Padma Bhushan
- Published on: March 24, 2015