Vikalp scheme launched by Indian railways [ Current Affairs ]
Indian Railways has launched Vikalp scheme to simplify waitlisted passengers to get substitute train housing. The scheme has been launched on pilot basis in trains running on Delhi - Lucknow and Delhi - Jammu sectors for 6 months.
- These options will be limited to Mail and Express trains.
- Indian Railways aim to achieve the twin objectives.
- It aims at providing established accommodation to waitlisted passengers.
- Confirm optimum utilization of available accommodation for these passengers.
- Waitlisted passengers will get complete accommodation in next substitute train if they opt for it while booking their tickets online.
- Once they choose for it passengers will get SMS alert on their mobile phone.
- They will get confirmation about accommodation in alternative train.
- No extra charges will be paid passenger to benefit this scheme or any refund provided for the difference of fare.
- In the alternative train, the name of passenger who has been provided accommodation will not number in the waitlisted charts of their original train.
- A separate list of passengers moved in alternative train will be pasted along with the confirmed and waitlist charts.
- Published on: November 3, 2015