Virendra Singh is appointed as Lokayukta of Uttar Pradesh by Supreme Court [ Current Affairs ]
Retired Justice Virendra Singh has been appointed as new Lokayukta of Uttar Pradesh by the Supreme Court. This is the first it’s kind of order ever mad in history of India, Supreme Court has invoked its constitutional power and appointed retired High Court judge as UP Lokayukta after state machinery failed to appoint it.
Way Supreme Court mad such a decision
- Constitutional representatives were not fulfill the orders of the apex court of the country and deeply regretted and astonishing it was very disappointing.
- Chief Minister was unhappy with leader of opposition and Chief Justice of High Court failed to comply with its order.
About Justice Virendra Singh
- He was born on 4 January 1949.
- He is from Tiwaya located at Saharanpur, Uttar Pradesh.
- He has started his practice in 1977 and in 1985 he was become Civil Judge.
- He has served as Judge of Allahabad High Court from 2009 to 2011 and had superannuated in 2011.
- State Selection Panel of Lokayukta including Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav, leader of Opposition (LoP) Swami Prasad Maurya and Chief Justice of Allahabad high court Justice DY Chandrachud could not reach on any consensus so that Supreme Court has made such decision.
- Published on: December 17, 2015