WWF and ZSL reports that Marine population dropped since 1970 [ Current Affairs ]
About WWF and ZSL: WWF stands for World Wide Fund for Nature. It is an international non - governmental organization which was founded on 29th April 1961. It is working for the bio diversity protection and reduces the peoples by hurting environment.
- Its headquarter is in Avenue du Mont - Blanc, Gland, Vaud of Switzerland.
- The founders of WWF are Bernhard of Lippe - Biesterfeld, Julian Huxley, Max Nicholson, Peter Scott, Guy Mountfort and Godfrey A. Rockefeller.
About report of dropping of Marin population:
- World Wildlife Fund and Zoological Society of London has released study that populations of marine mammals, fish, birds and reptiles have declined by 49 % since 1970.
- In this study more than 1, 200 species of marine creatures were considered in the past 45 years.
- This dropping was cause by various human activities such as overfishing, marine haunt damage and climate change.
- The effect of climate change has mainly credited to extra absorption of carbon dioxide into the oceans which is making them more acidic and damaging a number of species.
- There is sudden failure to sea environment in the form of mangroves, coral ranges and sea lawns which support marine food nets and provide valuable services to people
- Published on: September 22, 2015