Winners of 2015 Wimbledon Championship Titles of Tennis [ Current Affairs ]
Wimbledon Championship Tittles 2015 was a tennis tournament which held from 29 June to 12 July 2015 at the All England Lawn Tennis and Croquet Club in Wimbledon, London, United Kingdom. This tournament was the 129th edition of the championships and the 48th edition in the Open Era.
- Men’s Singles Title- Novak Djokovic of Serbia won the 2015 Men’s Singles Wimbledon Title. He defeated Roger Federer of Switzerland by 7-6(7-1), 6-7(10-12), 6–4, 6-3 score in the final match. His 3rd Wimbledon Title (2011, 2014 and 2015) overall 12th men’s single Grand Slam title.
- Women’s Singles Title: Serena Williams of United States has won Women’s Singles Wimbledon title at 2015. She defeated Garbine Muguruza of Spain by 6-4, 6-4 score in the final match. Her sixth Women’s Singles Wimbledon title (2002, 2003, 2009, 2010, 2012 and 2015) and overall 21th Grand Slam title.
- Women’s Doubles Title: Sania Mirza of India and Martina Hingis of Switzerland pair won the 2015 women’s Doubles Wimbledon Title. They defeated Russian pair of Ekaterina Makarova and Elena Vesnina by 5–7, 7–6 (7–4), 7–5 score in the final match.
- Men’s Doubles Title: Jean-Julien Rojer of Netherlands and Horia Tecu of Romania pair won the 2015 men’s Doubles Wimbledon Title. They defeated Jamie Murray (UK) and John Peers (Australia) pair by 7–5, 6–4, 6–4 score in the final match.
- Mixed Doubles Title: Leander Paes of India and Martina Hingis of Switzerland pair won the 2015 Mixed Doubles Wimbledon Title. In the final match, they defeated Alexander Peya (Austria) and Tmea Babos (Hungary) pair by 6-1, 6-1 score in the final match.
- Boys’ Doubles Title: Sumit Nagal of India and L Hong Nam of Vietnam pair won the 2015 Boy’s Doubles Wimbledon Title. They defeated Reilly Opelka (US) and Akira Santillan (Japan) pair by 7–6(7–4), 6-4 score in the final match.
- Published on: July 14, 2015