World Championship 200 meter title winner Usain Bolt [ Current Affairs ]
About Usain Bolt: He was born on 29th August 1986. He is a Jamaican athlete. He is named as the fastest person in the world. He is nicknamed as the Lightning Bolt by the media. He is highest paid athlete ever. He is also known as the world’s most wanted athlete.
About his achievements:
- He won most victories as a 200 m runner and gained most of the popularity at the double victory in Beijing Games.
- He is the first man to hold both the 100 meters and 200 metres world records.
- And also is the first person to reach a “double double” by winning 100 m and 200 m titles at the Olympics in 2008 and 2012.
- Also the first man to win six Olympic gold medals in racing, and an eleven time World champion.
- He had his personal best record breaking for 100 m run in 2009.
- In Moscow World Championship 2013, he gave a hat - trick of 200 m title by winning gold.
- Awards of his include the IAAF World Athlete of the Year, Track & Field Athlete of the Year, and Laureus World Sportsman of the Year which he won thrice.
About his 200 meter world championship title:
- This event was held in Beijing in China.
- This was his fourth 200 m victory followed after 2009 in Berlin, 2011 in Daegu and 2013 in Moscow.
- Published on: September 22, 2015