World Tuberculosis Day 2015 observed on 24 March globally [ Current Affairs ]
World Tuberculosis (TB) Day 2015 was observed on 24 March 2015 and the theme of this year 2015 is continuation of the 2014 theme Reach the 3 Million by the World Health Organization (WHO).
This day is annually celebrated to commemorate the day on which Dr. Robert Koch discovered the cause of tuberculosis bacillus in 1882.
World Tuberculosis (TB) Day has sub-theme of this year is Reach, Treat, Cure Everyone.
At present, there are eight global public health campaigns which marked by the World Health Organization (WHO).these are-
- World Tuberculosis (TB) Day- 24 March
- World Health Day (7 April)
- World Blood Donor Day (14 June)
- World Immunization Week (24-30 April)
- World Malaria Day (25 April)
- World No Tobacco Day (31 May)
- World Hepatitis Day (28 July) and
- World AIDS Day (1 December).
Tuberculosis (TB) is an infectious bacterial disease caused by Mycobacterium tuberculosis, which most commonly affects the lungs.
World Health Assembly, governments agreed on an ambitious 20-year (2016-2035) strategy to end the global TB epidemic in May 2014.
- Published on: March 25, 2015