World’s 1st Dengue fever vaccine named Dengvaxia has been approved by Mexico Government [ Current Affairs ]
Key facts: Mexico Government has created history by approving world’s first-ever Dengue fever vaccine branded as Dengvaxia for the public use. French pharmaceutical manufacturer Sanofi Pasteur has manufactured Dengvaxia.
- To protect people in age groups of 9 - 45 from all four subtypes of the virus this has been designed.
- As the result of an extensive clinical development programme of the French company this vaccine was produced than ran for almost two decades.
- Sanofi Pasteur has requested authorization to Share this vaccine in 20 countries.
- For the global public health community Dengvaxia is historic milestone and also for the half world’s population that lives at risk of dengue.
- The main objective behind this invention is there was no vaccine to prevent dengue fever.
About Dengue Fever
- Dengue fever is a vector-borne disease
- Aide’s aegypti mosquitos’ species transmitted family of viruses in to body and that will cause Dengue, and that’s way it called mosquito-borne tropical disease
- It is established throughout the tropics and subtropics.
- Severe joint and muscle pain
- swollen lymph nodes
- Use Mosquitoes removers easily available in market because the mosquitoes carrying the virus that causes dengue.
- Be habitant to clean up place around you and thought extra clean or dirty water don’t store than because they are the birth place of dengue caring mosquitoes.
- According to the World Health Organization (WHO) has survey dengue has become the fastest-growing mosquito-borne disease as it infects as many as 400 million people and kills 22, 000 people every year.
- Published on: December 11, 2015